Monday, January 6, 2014

Gratitude Notes [1]

One of my goals for the year of 2014 was to start writing gratitude notes. When I first wrote that one the list I thought of it as a time I would literally write out some notes to give to the people and places that inspired me, coached me, helped me, and deserved some type of acknowledgement. But tonight when I sat down to write a post I thought that writing these notes more regularly was a pretty sweet idea as well.

I am grateful for snow days. We knew a big storm was heading in over night but we were not sure at all how bad it would really be. Turned out that even as a "drive in any weather at any time" gal, the weather this morning was way too dangerous. It was great to have an extra day of holiday with no work and to get a kick-start on the Hol:Fit cleanse without being super stressed out.

I am grateful for puppy cuddles. It must have been the weather today but Zoey was just so cuddly today.

I am grateful for the comfort of living in a house with heating. I thought many times today of those who are not as fortunate as I am and are looking for spaces in shelters or churches around the city. I can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through during this cold, cold bouts of weather.

I am grateful for avocados. Yum.

I am grateful for spending some more time with Ryan before my busy schedule kicks in. We lounged around all day (not new for us) but it was great to have some time just the two of us before the madness starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment