Sunday, November 3, 2013

Back to the Basics

Here's the thing.

I love this here little blog and I can't seem to get away from it. Not one little bit.

I'd always loved the idea of blogging with my best friend and now fiance, Ryan. What a better time to start then when we were moving in together for the first time? Perfect! Well, it's actually drifted to the way side for some specific reasons:

1. I found that I was writing WAY more often than Ryan was. What was the point of having a joint blog if I was the only one posting? I didn't want to come off as if I was speaking for us as a couple the whole time - I'm only one half.
2. Based off of the previous point I had this pressure that if no one was posting regularly, that I would have to remember to post everything myself! This got really difficult when weeks went by without posting. So much unconscious pressure!
3. There are so many things I am interested in and want to post about that don't necessarily reflect Ryan and I as a couple. I am happy to say that we are both do not primarily identify ourselves in relation to the other HOWEVER we are huge parts of each other's lives. So I felt myself holding back because I knew some of the things I wanted to write about weren't things that representing Ryan to the fullest.

I could probably ramble aimlessly on but you get the idea. So here's where I am now, resurrecting this old blog of mine. It actually feels so cosy and snuggly, just clicking on that "DeeBee" button again.

You best believe that there will be some good posts coming soon. Starting my Masters in Social Work has forced so many ideas, concepts, theories, thoughts into my brain it may explode any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment