Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Quick Rant

I was just about to post a huge status update on Facebook when I quickly stopped myself. I'm not one to usually post anything to Facebook. I use it more as a 'staying in contact' type of page. But since I still wanted to post it somewhere I thought here would suffice. One of my friends on Facebook liked an article by Huffington Post so it popped up on my newsfeed. My reaction is below for what it's worth...

This article doesn't bother me because I'm recently engaged (although admittedly that's probably why I originally clicked it). It bothers me because it's a whole article to shaming people who post optimistic, happy things on social media. Is that not allowed any more? I have a problem when it becomes "stupid" or "annoying" to post life updates that you'd like to share with people and they get frustrated. HEY BUDDY, it's not always about YOU. If you don't like it, hide from timeline and move on. Do we really have to write an article bashing people's sharing habits? End rant.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that people can't be happy for someone else. I went through a hard breakup a few months and I can admit that sometimes it was tough to see people getting engaged and being so in love.. However, that never made me less happy for them. I'd much rather see a million posts about how happy someone is than to see someone complain every single day. That article was written by someone extremely bitter.

    ReplyDelete