Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Usual Little Life Update

This past weekend I finished the Hunger Games. To be honest when I started the book I thought I'd never get through it. The writing wasn't the best and I had a hard time wrapping my head around some of the very dystopian features of the book. But once the actual games begun I was hooked. My friend, Steph had already told me most of the details of the book because I convinced her I wouldn't ever bother reading it. Wrong. As much as it was a good and quick read, I'm definitely craving something more.

The past two days have been busy but good at camp. One of the busiest weeks by far in the summer and we are getting through it. With the hottest day of the summer now behind us, I'm hoping for a great end to the week. Although I have at least three more meetings, a huge special event for over 350 kids and the usual everyday grind, I'm looking forward to it!

But especially today, I am missing classes. That exciting feeling of being inspired by what you are learning. By pouring through a textbook that is amazing. Spending hours in the library writing and writing notes. Getting hand cramps. And head aches. Crossing off finished items in my agenda. Finishing a great paper. I'm missing school and everything that comes with it right about now. And I can't wait to show you all about an awesome series I hope to complete throughout my last year of undergrad this fall.

Stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. I love The Hunger Games, you should read the sequels, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I agree it's a shame about the writing, but they are still great books. Even JK Rowling is a fairly average writer but her stories are so fantastic its OK!

    ReplyDelete