Monday, July 2, 2012

Holiday Monday

Today marks my last day of a "grown up" summer. Tomorrow is the first day of camp and I'm feeling pretty ancy. There is no job I have ever had that is more stressful, busy, hectic, exciting, fun and challenging. This summer marks my fifth summer at camp and I can't wait for this anxiety to subside and to just finally begin. Ryan is also running a camp this summer that starts tomorrow. We're both so nervous we just really wanted to take it easy today. I promised him breakfast and he promised me he'd wake up at a reasonable hour, both promises were delivered.


After a nice breakfast with the sweetest server we headed to Ryan's house for a SUPER relaxing day. I don't think we moved for hours, at least I didn't. We watched some Wimbledon tennis, I started (finally) reading the Hunger Games and eventually took a nap. I spent the day trying to remain stress-free, not thinking of the chaos to come tomorrow. Maybe I should mentally prepare myself better but I just want to stay as cool as a cucumber. Speaking of vegetables, I've been trying to make somewhat of a more conscious effort to reach for fruit and veggies for snacks throughout the day. Ryan grabbed us a big bowl of blueberries to share....but then he brought down a bag of Smartfood too....close but no cigar. 
With some burgers for dinner, baseball to follow and tea and a piece of cake to come, I'd say it's been a pretty successful holiday Monday. Sidenote: I'm already looking forward to starting classes in September, only a few more days to go. 

2 comments:

  1. yay for hunger games, camp, fruit, and naps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha FINALLY with the hunger games!

    ReplyDelete