Saturday, July 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Maddie

When I was 5 years old, my little cousin Maddie was born into the most amazing family. She was sweet, loving, fun, everything. And from the minute I laid eyes on her I knew we'd be the best of friends. We spent summers together having sleepovers, playing sports, studying (yes we did school work in the summers), playing, doing crafts, they were the best summers ever. She's been my little sisters for the past 16 years and I cannot believe how much she has grown up. I don't get to see, talk or hang out with her as much as I want to, but I miss her so much everyday.

Happy 16th Birthday Maddie! I cannot believe that 8 years ago we were talking about when this birthday would come so you could venture out and get your driver's license.

There are Sixteen things I want to tell you on your birthday: 

1. When you really start driving, give your parents a break. Driving with a teenage is super scary. Trust me, I even drive with people my age and I think I'm going to die. 

2. As talented and amazing you are, LOVE school. It's one of those things that will set you apart from other people. And you're already so smart mind as well show it off! Try hard in all of your classes. The cool people 10 years from now are the ones with all the smarts. 

3. Boys. Without a doubt, at some point in the next few years you will experience some sort of heart break. But trust me, no matter what the outcome is, everything is always for the best and you will be a better person when you get through it. 

4. Boys second part. If a boy ever hurts you EVER. You tell me. First, I will hunt them down and second, we'll go out partying. 

5. Partying. Remember that having fun is great, but being responsible and more importantly safe is crucial. 

6. Always talk to your parents when you are planning on making big decisions in your life. I know sometimes, it's frustrating to be on the verge of being an adult but still be a kid at the same time. Your parents are pretty awesome, and want THE BEST for you. 

7. Speak your mind. Be strong and remember to stand up for yourself and others. 

8. Shower regularly, wear sunscreen and take care of yourself

9. Never let someone else tell you who you are, what to do, where to go or how you should act. You are one of the smartest girls I know, since you were about 2 years old I knew it. You have a good head on your shoulders and make sure you use your gut. 

10. Love your family and friends. At points you might find that family or even friends are put on the back burner. Try to balance everyone and be genuine. 

11. Eat healthy. Ahhh let me say from experience that being a teenager rocks simply because of your amazing metabolism. But when you hit my old age, it can start to decline. I know right?! It's insane. 

12. Have nice clothes. You know what I'm saying! 

13. Your taking care of your body but remember to take care of your mind. Whether you talk to friends, write in a journal, whatever it is. Make sure you are doing something to keep your mental health in sync with yourself too. 

14. Remember your a little girl still. Sixteen feels so old but is still so young. 

15. Be friendly to people outside of your group of friends. Sometimes, well most of the time, we don't do it on purpose but we can act kind of mean to people we don't associate with simply because we don't associate them. Be nice to everyone, you never know who you might need in the future and who might need you. 

16. Remember your family loves you. No matter what you do in your life whether it's winning the LGPA or failing a class or winning an award or being sent to the principal's office. Your family will always be there for you and want the best for you all throughout your life. 

Happy 16th Birthday to you my little sister. Love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment