Tuesday, July 3, 2012

An Article of Clothing

Day 3 of 15 Day Challenge: Tell us about an article of clothing you're attached to. 

I can't quite recall if I've ever been asked this question before, if I have I certainly didn't have an answer. I've never really thought of my clothes as things to be attached to, certainly they all hold stories and memories but none that I would hate to see ripped to shreds or misplaced. But since today was the first day of camp and because it's the best place in the world. I thought my work shirt was especially important. It actually represents a lot to me, way more than I thought it did. This was my first real job. My first promotion. My SECOND promotion. Where I've learnt what I want to do with my life and what I never want to do with my life. Tears have been shed wearing this shirt, both happy and sad. And  others tears dried up. Scabbed knees taken care of, sad hearts mended. I love this shirt more than I even knew I ever would. Even though it's a uniform, I'd wear it any day without putting up a fight. The feeling I got when I put it on for the first time, the feel of the material, the collar, buttons. This year, before camp started we were asked to go around the room and talk about why we were at camp this year, what it meant to us, anything we really had to say. I don't know if I'll ever be in a room full of such energy, passion, creativity and teamwork again. Here's to the collared shirt! 

Don't mind this picture. I'm not a pro at those one handed phone shots. 

Life of Love

2 comments:

  1. What a neat story! I love this, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a nice story to go with your item. It really got me thinking about my old uniforms, can't say I'm that attached to them, but I really liked your story :)

    ReplyDelete