Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pretending to be a Chef

Every once in awhile I get this feeling. A feeling of making something magnificent to eat which usually turns out not so magnificent but hey, at least I got off my bum and did something fun. With Ryan in Guelph for the next few days, I wanted to make some awesome lunch, dinner and snacks to start the summer off right! Tonight I made mac and cheese (with extra cheese!). I then lined a muffin pan with two pieces of ham and filled them with the mac and cheese. Threw them in the oven, took them out 20 minutes later and topped them with a touch of parmesan and paprika. Our salad was romaine with awesome tomatoes, bacon bits (real, none of that store bought stuff) and parmesan with some balsamic dressing. For dessert I tried my hand at some type of parfait. I just whipped up some vanilla pudding and added fresh fruit. However, the pudding turned yellow which made me a little sad but still tasted pretty great!




Ryan wanted to take a picture of the finished product - he hates tomatoes. 



4 comments:

  1. Your mac and cheese with ham looks great, I am sure that it was delicious. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, I am announcing you for a real chef! At least in my eyes you are, because you made me so hungry just by looking at your pictures of the so mouth-watering dishes! Please, do not deprive us of your thoughts and sharing of experiences. I really love reading your blog!Best regards!
    Removals France

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish love! Definitely makes me miss "real" food even more lol.

    ReplyDelete