Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!



What a fun day Leap Day is! I hope girls all around the world set out to ask the man of their dreams, "will you marry me?" No, but really Leap Day is sort of a magical day. What are the chances, out of every day in the year, out of every single year, that you would be born on THIS day?! The coolest thing about celebrating your birthday today is your will ALWAYS be younger than most of the people you know. When you have lived on this earth for 84 years you would be celebrating your 21st birthday! TWENTY-ONE!

All joking aside, this day is a very important educational awareness day. Take this girl down here (I apologize in advance for the swearing):



She is so upset she manages to get her voice to crack a few times. For a second there I thought this was her Jersey Shore audition tape. Here is the simple (and easy) way to understand why we have a leap day, courtesy of Wikipedia of course,

"Because seasons and astronomical events do not repeat in a whole number of days, a calendar that had the same number of days in each year would, over time, drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (or intercalating) an additional day or month into the year, the drift can be corrected." 


And now you hopefully learned something new or already were just so intelligent. Good luck out there.

5 comments:

  1. I always learn something new on this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt that certain people should not be allowed to breed...(hint: girl in video)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I could only listen to a small part of her rant. I felt too many of my brain cells screeming as they died. The lights were flickering and I was becoming dumber by the second!

    ReplyDelete