Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Thoughts on Being Sick

I could tell last night at about 10:30pm that I was getting sick...and that it was going to be good one. I could feel like little, itty, bitty tickle in my throat and then it started getting stronger and stronger and grew to my head and my neck and my nose and my entire body....wowza.



I was trying so hard not to get sick after I saw roommate after roommate down and out with some type of cold last week. I was taking 6 pills (on a good day) and drinking a boat load of water and tea. And then I woke up this morning with the most sickiest I have been in months. I could barely move, I communicated through grunts or single syllables for a good amount of time in the morning. Then I forgot my phone...I knew about it right away but thought nothing of it since it was just a phone. But you see, I keep my student card in the back of my phone so at about 4:00pm today I thought I would head home for a healthy, nice dinner before heading back for a late night on campus....but I was without student card and hence without bus pass. (Yes I've been here on campus from 8:30am to 9:00pm....I don't even know what to call that kind of day).

I just thought it was hilarious that all day today I was trying to eat SO healthy. I had a bagel and an apple for lunch with some water and more tea. After my next class I had two homemade oatmeal raisin cookies, made by mama. I bought a greek salad and more tea for dinner. BUT the I caved during my break in my night class....I bought a bag of chips. I mean you can clearly see me wanting more and more comfort food throughout the day. By the end of the day I just wanted those greasy chips in my sick & dying (not so much) body. Mmmmmm, all that salt.

At the end of the day I made it through my last class with 7 minutes left on my computer battery, a new pimple on my chest, started my paper on pseudoscience, majorily disheveled hair and made a kleenex out of my cardigan (yummmm).

P.S. I also just washed my hair with conditioner TWICE before noticing I was using the wrong bottle. My hair better be damn silky tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment