Sunday, September 4, 2011

My New Room

I have not really explained my new house at all so here we go. We thought it was AMAZING the first time we saw it. Since there were 6 of us girls looking for a place, every place we saw was really awkward and the house just didn't flow. But then we found this house and it felt like an actual homey house. Then we came back in April and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. There was garbage all over the entire house, the living room flow FULL of disgustingness. The carpets upstairs are all stained and the colours in the room were dark brown, burgundy red, hunter green to name a few.
Ew. The mirror and light are nice but ew, so dark! 

Ew so gross. 

ARGH triple gross! 

So my mommy dearest, interior designer extrordinaire totally took over and made our place amazing! She re-vamped two of our bathrooms, got us a new faucet for our kitchen sink, laminate floors in our living room, painted the two living rooms and kitchen, painted my room and got a wonderful closet put in as there was no closet in my room beforehand (and she did much more too!). Here are a few pictures of my new room that I love. In case you can't tell from the vents, I'm in the basement which is a new experience. And as you can tell again these pictures were taken with my laptop, send me a camera cord or just a beautiful new camera PLEASE!

The view from my door: new bed frame! 

My "preparation" space and laundry basket! 

Extra hooks for bags, necklaces and other things that hang

My bookcase 

Desk

My new little cabinet which will be home to my printer. Ikea named him Erik and my friend Tyler was awesome enough to help him come to life. 

My awesome make-shift closet! It's going to always have to be neat and organized...no where to hide a mess! 

I picked up my friend from U of T at the temporary bus station in downtown Guelph (took us awhile and some angry faces to find the place) to spend an afternoon. We headed to the annual Pep Rally and watched a few boogies. It was alright until it started to rain so thanks to good ol' Sally (that's the name that I keep sticking to my car) we got to leave wheneverrrrr we wanted. Such bliss! We spent the rest of the evening catching up and playing some Taboo but man was I tired. I definitely need to catch up on some sleep for the semester starts. Happy Holiday Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! I'm especially loving Erik the printer cabinet :)

    Stopping by from FTLOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete