Thursday, June 16, 2011

Treadmill Love

After accomplishing #3 on my list of things to do this summer, I have accomplished two runs on the treadmill. Before this I was sick and whiny and did not run for a week or so and before that I went for three runs in the great outdoors. If you know me at all, even the fact that I'm a ginger, you will understand that I HATE being outside, day or night. The only exception really to this rule was when I played soccer. But I was still forced to lather myself up with sun screen so poop.

But my treadmill runs have been fabulous. I can't remember running for so long so easily and wanting to run more and more and more. It feels great. The one thing that feels the opposite of great is my left I.T. band. When I was in grade 10 I tweaked it and had to go to physio for a few months. Things were alright for awhile than just last summer I sprained my ankle pretty bad and was in a cast for a few weeks. After not really caring too much for the injury I fear that the lack of strength in general and because of the incident last year, my I.T. band is being a bit of a bitch yet again. But I still have managed to get at least 20 minutes of running in.

I have started to document my runs (by runs I mean the one I did tonight) on dailymile so that the runs, speed and duration will actually mean something in the long run. More because I want a reason to physically document what I have done. Feel free to stalk me there if you so wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment