Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Want To Go To Law School

I am now rounding out two years of my undergrad degree here at Guelph and have changed my mind COUNTLESS times of what I want to be "when I grow up". Here is a list of the things that I can simply remember to this day that have been options:
  • Ambassador
  • Teacher
  • Nurse
  • Counsellor
  • Doctor
  • Genetic Counsellor
  • Professor
  • Researcher
  • Anthropologist
  • Guidance Counsellor
  • Sex Therapist
  • Social Worker
  • Neuroscientist
Yea...that's more than I even thought.

So why would I ever want to go to law school? And why should people actually take it seriously? For the following reasons which may or may not lead to be true.

1. Well, first and foremost I want to be a lawyer.

2. I can turn any single argument, statement, idea into something of the complete opposite context. For this point you may ask the parents or more specifically the boyfriend.

3. I got a practice LSAT question right that only 39% of testers get correct! That's a good sign right?!

4. I always see things from both/all sides of view. This one you can verify with my housemate. Just when you think a story is settled, BOOM, I think of a different plausible outcome or solution.

5. As listed above, I've always seen myself dealing with and representing, whether it be counselling, research, teaching, an ambassador or student government. But I've also always seen myself in an academic or professional setting. Being a lawyer would hopefully give me both of these things.

5. I'm an advice giver. And as of right now I do this for a very cheap cost of nothing.

6. I like being overly and professionally dressed.

7. Because if anyone knows me at all, I work more than I should and harder than I should. In every job I've had I've put in longer than needed hours and more then needed work.

8. I like libraries.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic... you however forgot a few other reasons
    #8. Kind and compassionate and having the ability to see the dignity and humanity in everyone you meet. # 9 being sincere and not putting on fronts or airs. #10. Just an overall wonderful human with an adventurous and eternally upbeat and bright spirit.

    ReplyDelete